Our Best Answer - Do I need to take placement tests?

Placement Test

City College of San Francisco (CCSF) strongly advises placement testing to ensure your success.  You may be required to take a placement test in one or more of these areas, Math, English or ESL, depending on your course of study.  A fee is not required for placement testing.

If you have completed college level Math or English courses at another university in the United States, take the SAT or ACT, or have AP or IB scores, you can submit an unofficial transcript or scores to waive the placement test.  See here for instructions to waive the placement test. 

Please refer to our Placement Testing office for more information. 

You need to apply to City College of San Francisco and receive your student ID number before testing.  Apply to City College of San Francisco here.

If you have course work from another college you will need to complete the Petition to challenge a Pre-requisite form, which is available in the Matriculation office and online.

Please note that to receive priority registration, students have to complete assessment, orientation, and an abbreviated student education plan.


Are you satisfied with your answer?

Having trouble finding your answer?

Top 10 Questions

CCSF Campus Mini Tour